Friday, November 10, 2017

Ittefaq (2017) - Movie

I saw this movie with my Dad in Law, wifey and kiddo (11 years). Had no memory of Old Ittefaq and since I don't usually read reviews of the movies that I am yet to see, I had no idea what to expect. Hence this was a good surprise and an equally good entertaining movie.
I have always loved Akshaye Khanna when it comes to his looks and acting and he did impress me here too, no doubt on that. Sonakshi Sinha wasnt required at all in this movie, all she does is look good and look more good thats about it.
Sidhartha Malhotra is the surprise package, first time he really gets to act a little after a long time (from the sort of movies he has done so far) and as an Author on run with a name "Vikram Sethi" it was too good .
Plus a movie which is supposed to be a suspense thriller with murder mystery is actually good, if you keep talking about it for hours after it finishes. In that department its a good movie but if you compare it with the movies that we are being served by Bollywood in the recent past, this one is a terrific watch.
Otherwise it felt more like a good to very good "Drama" served as a Suspense, Murder mystery and Thriller.
Ending did surprise me as I was expecting a different ending. Its served on a platter as we Indians are dumb idiots if our movie makers are to be believed. They could have left it to audience imagination but No, they have to satisfy everyone so they fail quite a few passionate people like us.
All in all it was a definite 3/5 and worth watching on big screen as on TV you will miss out a lot of fun and attention and it will be a total disaster. I will give it one star each for Akshaye, Story and Akshay's side kicks (both the cops).
A good family entertainer which invited some good discussions till dinner.

No comments: