Friday, September 16, 2016

Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban (Book)

70/100 of #100bookpact Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban Third book of the series and I must say that this is one series where the book in hand feels like better then the previous :) - the way the story grows on the reader is simply amazing (hope it continues till the end). Since I am almost a decade late (if we calculate from the very start) its a little sad that why I didnt pick these works earlier even after so much coaxing from my friends, good that I did it in the end and again I feel like reviewing these books - one can definitely write a book on them. As so much happens in a book that mere one sentence on each character will make it too lengthy to be read by someone who haven't read the books yet. Also, Ms Rowling keeps introducing new (more amazing) characters at break-neck speed too. Harry's third year at Hogwarts the school of magic with his friends and a little more details about his parents death, reason, people involved etc etc is covered in this one. I would say this was definitely better then the previous two books for one the kids are growing and two - it was able to invoke almost all the emotions in me - smiling ear to ear on Harry's nuances to choking and finally making my eyes go all wet with a smile on the face (I love that when a book or a movie does it to me), although my wife calls me an emotional fool but I am glad that she sits with me watching the movies as soon as I finish the book. Now the sad part - its heartbreaking for me to see my most favorite character from the series (You Know Who) makes no entry in the entire book and Second favorite character (Prof Snape) is still in negative role - I so much wish that he becomes friendly with Harry as the story progresses - I am even planning to keep my hair like him :). For those who haven't read the books but have seen the movies - you have no idea what you are missing as movie makers definitely take their own liberty in chopping the characters or scenes or may be even change the narrative a bit here and there to make the visuals more interesting and short (3 hours again) but if someone has read the book - its just simply amazing to see them all live. Its a must must read book (Individually too) as well as the series and cannot be missed (anymore) by anyone. As I dash into the fourth of the series - I am actually looking forward to someone's review on the third book as it was released and the fourth was awaited, do let me know if you reviewed it then and have saved it somewhere.

No comments: