Friday, June 17, 2016

David Copperfield - Charles Dickens (Book)

35/100 of #100bookpact

David Copperfield - Charles Dickens

Last month I picked up quite a few books for my kiddo and saw a couple more good ones from Charles Dickens like David Copperfield, Great Expectations, Oliver Twist etc. After reading a few on heavy subjects which took a little toll on my little head - decided to refresh myself with this one and what a delight little story this one is. Although I am sure I have read this earlier during my school days I believe but had totally forgotten. What a challenging life this guy had which had its own up and downs but there was always a silver lining in his sad story. Initially it was the house keeper followed by a close friend, then his love interest which again goes for a toss, his marriage and finally the heart warming ending. Finished this one in two sittings was a very easy and lovely read highly recommended to all literature fans. This one again made me smile from ear to ear as I have always loved the way these Brits talk - its a magical way of talking which kept running the story on back of my head as I was very well able to see the visuals in my imagination. So well explained - a wonderful book in all. 

1 comment:

Ava said...

This was an all time favorite read of mine when I was younger. I love the way he shapes up as a good human being despite all his troubles. Winning the love of a sensible woman in the end the was cherry on top. :) Enjoy your reading spree.