Monday, March 31, 2014

Need For Speed (2014) - Action / Thriller



I had no hopes of catching this one up on big screen since it was already in its second week in theaters and we missed the only show on Saturday evening by a whisker as couldn’t make it on time. Since the day I saw Aaron Paul’s interview with Top Gear guys on the show – the makers claimed that they didn’t use any CGI for this one rather employed practical effects, which required the cast to receive extensive driving lessons. Missing this would’ve been a crime for me, finally saw the only show today and trust me – watching a movie on Monday afternoon is double fun. What more could I ask for in a movie which starts with a Shelby Mustang racing at the top speed, moves on to three Koenigsegg Ageras racing and killing one of the guys, sending the hero to jail and setting up a revenge story for us down the line. I would have cared about a story in this one but to my shock and surprise – they indeed had one and a good one at that so much so that I could actually connect with it as well. The whole cross country road trip from NYC to SFO was so much fun that the whole auditorium which was almost full was in splits. Action no doubt is brilliant and I actually mean BRILLIANT, I loved the way these beauties sounded and the way they have shot it all unfortunately they did use some CGI – they may or may not agree but one could tell with the way they were banging cars but other than those little things it makes up for a super fine action thriller – a movie which shouldn’t be missed on big screen. Imagine the end of the movie – I guess its almost a 10-15 minute long race sequence with cars like a Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, Mclaren P1, Bugatti Veyron and two more (Missing those names). I myself am a big big Mustang fan and totally loved the way it ends with the couple driving away in one, I’ve definitely gotta give it a damn good 4/5 and will wait for its BlueRay to get released. Totally recommend to all action / thriller lovers – if your idea of fun is car racing with minimal CGI with some good story – don’t miss this one.

No comments: