Saturday, February 01, 2014

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) - Comedy



I somehow missed this one earlier – dunno how I did that grave mistake but not anymore, as its sequel is right round the corner – not released so far in our part of the world, I had to see it. As expected this one is a total laugh riot and no doubt that it shows up in couple of top 100 funny movie lists. I mean look at that amazing casting for one – did they miss casting anyone else who was doing comedy a decade ago? I don’t think so as almost everyone does a cameo in this one – one of my all time favorite Danny Trejo too gets a scene to remember. Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) as the name suggests is a legend from 70s, the best anchorman ever, about to face tough competition by his newly appointed female counterpart Veronica (Christina Applegate), how they tackle each other and try to finish off each other’s career is the rest of the movie. One mistake that almost ends his career is the high point of the movie and I just couldn’t control my laughter. It’s a superb comedy of errors and I must say – it is one of those movies which indeed made me laugh out loud a lot after a long time, almost throughout its run time especially the scene where the whole gang of comedians come over to take revenge on the Legend and how it turns out is something you’ve got to watch the movie for. Fantastic job by Paul Rudd, David Koechner, and Steve Carell as his partner in crime, their office interactions and chemistry is simply out of this world – I loved the jingle they sing together. It’s a must watch for all comedy lovers and should not be missed, my ratings 4/5 as I dash to get the sequel at the earliest.

No comments: