Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dedh Ishqiya (2014) - Comedy / Thriller



Dedh Ishqiya became one of those few movies from bollywood that I thoroughly enjoyed and really had a great time watching it – so much so that I never wanted it to end, on top of that the way it ends is simply amazing as it kept me asking for more. I don’t remember which movie I enjoyed the way I loved this one after “Gangs of Wasseypur(s)” barring last year’s “The Lunchbox” which was definitely one of the best I have seen from our part of the world. This one isn’t great but still one of the best and a fantastic one at that – a superb entertainer and it actually has that charming feel about it. Naseeruddin Shah is definitely the best pick of the lot – watch out for his expressions and those awesomely expressive eyes in so many scenes especially the very first when he lays his eyes on Begum Para (Madhuri Dixit) the very first time, you will be in love with him in that very particular shot. Arshad Warsi as his nephew Babban is simply out of this world character – genuinely hilarious and he is so comfortable in that character – it’s actually hard to tell if he is playing Babban or he actually is the way he portrays the character. Unfortunately I was never a Madhuri Dixit fan rather I never liked her hence had this feeling about this movie that it’s not going to work out (Not for me at least), she is totally out of place (for me) doesn’t have that in her to play a character like that convincingly – still I will call it an average performance. Credit should be given to Director plus to Huma Qureshi, Vijay Raaz and even Manoj Pahwa for those hilarious moments, it’s simply a laugh riot thanks to their fantastic performances. I guess this movie has to be seen multiple times to enjoy properly, I am definitely up for quite a few viewings shortly. What I missed in this particular movie is a song like “Dil to bachcha hai ji” as they had in its prequel – not one song to remember once the movie is finished barring that it’s a damn good movie – not to be missed at any cost and I will definitely give it a good 4/5 with two thumbs up recommendation.

No comments: