Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Phata Poster Nikhla Hero (2013)- Comedy



This became 300th movie of the year for me and unfortunately I had no expectations from Rajkumar Santoshi this time as he picked up Shahid Kapoor in lead. Surprisingly it turned out to be a laugh riot for us, my kiddo was hell bent on seeing it ASAP and I obliged her this Sunday. One good part of watching a movie right on its second day of release was that we hadn’t made an opinion of the movie based on others reviews and had no idea what’s in store for us hence this worked for us big time. Shahid Kapoor was in top form in lead as a wannabe bollywood hero and his mother supremely played by Padmini Kolhapure too was in outstanding form – I should say. Even the support cast consisted of some damn good actors and almost everyone played their part to their best like Zakir Hussain as the corrupt cop, Sanjay Mishra as the wannabe writer, Darshan Zariwala as ACP were too good too. The only weak link as per me was Ileana as the love interest of our hero but fortunately she didn’t had much to do but look damn good in almost all the songs and that she does in style. A quick yet an outstanding cameo by Salman Khan was too good, I wonder he is the only one know can take anyone else’s name in a movie and get away with it, watch it – you will know what I am talking about. It was almost a full house and crowd really cheered and laughed hard. I will definitely call it a good time pass movie which is clean comedy and a complete family entertainer. I will rate it a good 3/5 for sure and will recommend it to all.

No comments: