Friday, March 15, 2013

Salmon Fishing in The Yemen (2011) - Romantic Comedy



Ewan McGregor is one hell of a guy that keeps amazing me with every new movie of his. This one isn’t an exception either – the way he gets into the skin of a character is simply superb, at times he makes me wonder if he is actually playing a character or am I seeing the real him written into any movie that he works with. Even in this one where he plays a fisheries expert Doctor Alfred Jones is simply too good a character so much so that instantly you fall in love with his character. Emily Blunt as Harriet is his partner in crime on a project to bring Salmon fishes to Yemen and how they convince the visionary Sheikh Mohammed (Amr Waked) is simply hilarious and outstanding on screen stuff. It’s a fantastic movie on the topic with so many funny moments and ideas that it makes the whole movie a breeze for its audience. I had no idea what was in store for me when I saw it being recommended by a good friend and the moment I saw Ewan – I knew it that it’s going to be a fun watch and superb it is – I tell you. First the idea is hilarious, second the execution and its effects, what happens next and their own troubled personal lives, falling in love, getting out of it again and the fantastic finale – it totality its an awesome one time watch with some real cool performances and typical British humor thrown in. Not to be missed by those who like romantic light hearted comedies – you are going to love it and remember it for quite a while. My ratings – a damn good 3/5 with two thumbs up.

No comments: