Thursday, January 31, 2013

One Week (2008) - Drama



Another beautiful Canadian Film I came across some time ago – saw it today and what a movie it turns out to be. It kept reminding me of a couple of my close friends who are true road junkies. What would you do if you got only a year to live? Now, that’s one subject we have seen so many movies being made on in last couple of years – this one is I guess one of the best on the subject. So this guy picks up a 1973 Norton Commando Motorcycle and sets up on a ride of a life time from Toronto (East Coast) to Vancouver Island (West Coast) that too he does it only in a week, around 4300 KM as per Google maps.  What all he goes through and his experiences is the movie all about. Need I say more? So you can get a DVD and watch it? I don’t think so; it’s a superb movie with excellent background score, cinematography and a perfectly said damn good message. It is one of the most beautiful movies I saw in last couple of years, wherever you pause the movie – you can take a snap and it will work like perfect wallpaper for your PC. If you are one of those guys who are “Born to Ride” types – you are going to love it and it will be a permanent part of your favorite movies as it definitely goes to my every growing collection with a note “Must watch every year”. Do not miss this at any cost.

No comments: