Thursday, November 17, 2016

The Tales of Beedle The Bard - J K Rowling (Book)

91/100 of #100bookpact
The Tales of Beedle The Bard - J K Rowling
I simply love reading the "Reference" books, even at school once I was done with my course books - I will be picking up the reference book for further reading and that is one habit which is hard to let go. I usually end up reading the books that the characters read in a particular story that I have just finished just because I will be curious to know what they were reading :). If you have read the Harry Potter books (and loved them too like me) Hermione gets this book from Dumbledore after his death when his "Will" is read that he left it for her. How that book helps them uncover a lot of secrets and answers the questions raised in the last book of the series is this all about. I believe that was a good enough reason for me to get this one and as told earlier - it is a magical children's story book so It could be quite interesting for us muggles - if you know what I mean :). Every story is followed by a comment from Dumbledore himself - now how funny is that.
Each story may just be a normal one for kids with a lesson in the end as it usually is but the fierce commentary by Dumbledore and explanations given are too good and throw so much more light on the original book series and the turns and twists there in. I was shocked, surprised and Delighted too to see so many characters and names being used in this little book which actually tells the readers the stories behind the differences of Wizards (of Hogwarts) and Death Eaters (followers of Voldemort). Also, in this book and the stories that it has, JK Rowling is actually hinting on what she might be writing with so many references thrown in good comical sense throughout the story(s) in Dumbledore's comments.

No comments: