Friday, September 09, 2016

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone - J K Rowling (Book)

67/100 of #100bookpact Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone - J K Rowling
So, this was the one that started it all - initially when it came I always thought it was a children's book, never read although I did watch all the movies (I guess). One thing that I could never get (at that time) was - what was the craving for people to line up outside the book stores as soon as they launched the upcoming part? Now after reading the first part I actually realized as half the way I already picked up the second installment and before even I started it - am already on the lookout for the third book. If you have read these books earlier - I am sure you will agree with me that they are engrossing, lively, adventurous and too good to be true. Hats off to Ms. Rowling's imagination - we have a damn good series of books to get hooked up to. I am sure its going to take my whole month to finish them off back to back - unless something equally good pops in between.
The less said about the story or its amazing characters the better - I am totally in love with Albus Dumbledore, Lord Voldemort and Snape in that particular order. WOW! What character sketches - although in the first part Voldemort has hardly any presence but whatever short time he comes over - its chilling - am so much looking forward to the movie again now. Harry's struggling initial days with Dursley's gave me multiple lumps in my throat, admission in Hogwarts, new friends. learning and specially the game of Quidditch was a great change. How he copes with the new environment and the new challenges at Hogwarts was covered amazingly in the first book - all introductory I believe. Visually too it is too good to imagine the Hogwarts Castle, the ghosts, their classrooms, work done by owls, the great common hall where they collect everyday - it all actually takes one back in time to our own school days. And how can I not mention Harry on his broomstick that too a great branded one that everyone else is jealous of. Also the title very well justified and the ending was too good, again leaving it at a point where everyone looks forward to the next part big time - so do I as soon as I finish this and get my hands on the second one. If you haven't read Harry Potter series yet - its high time you started :) - not to be missed by anyone.

No comments: