Saturday, August 06, 2016

Chronicle of a Death Foretold - Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Book)

53/100 of #100bookpact Chronicle of a Death Foretold - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
One of the most gruesome murder stories with fantastic (don't know how good it is to use that word for a murder) gory details told in one of the most chilled out ways. Can't say I loved it but yes as a book it is indeed mind-blowing for its size and what it covers. As the title suggests - I specially loved the way the whole story is narrated in the very first line itself the author has told us very clearly - what is going to happen, who is going to and why too. Even then the pace, the suspense, events relating to it, reasons, and almost everything else works supremely. Its gripping, intriguing and very captivating till the very last page. I just couldn't believe it the way story moves and it also got me thinking of an alternative ending, I actually thought and wished that its going to go some other way. I have never read a better murder story then this one ever and this is one of the best stories for "How Done It" genre (If that's even grammatically correct). Superb Book.

No comments: