Friday, March 28, 2014

Ankhon Dekhi (2014) - Comedy



Rajat Kapoor is one of those few guys of Bollywood that you can definitely trust blindly – may be when he is a part of a project or the best is when he is at the helm of things. Like the movie in subject – the moment I realized he has written as well as directed this one – I had my hopes and expectations at exactly the right place and he didn’t disappoint me rather made me way too happy. WOW! What an amazing movie this one turns out to be – it actually made me “Time Travel” and sent me 3 decades back to my hometown where every mohalla (neighborhood) had its own “Bauji” or “Ammaji” as we used to call them, without whom none of the decisions will be made and who will be a very important part of society, may it be for people to meet them just like that over gossip, evening tea or time pass. Sanjay Mishra who had been a part of movie industry for so long – finally gets his due in the form of a full fledge movie and what an amazing way he pulls it – superb! Kudos to Rajat Kapoor, his team, his circle of friends in the industry (Almost every one of them has a cameo of some sort). It’s a roller coaster ride of a middle aged man “Bauji” (Outstandingly played by Sanjay Mishra), who suddenly wakes up to his own theory that what he sees is the reality and not what he hears from someone’s mouth. How that theory changes his life upside down or we can call it – messes his life up is the movie all about. But the way it’s all done is hilarious, loving, emotional, inspiring, heartening and a lot of other things that you will surely feel if you watch it. Not for one moment the story feels unconvincing or not even one single character which feels out of place – almost everyone is an important part and makes a great impression too. But the movie belongs to two brothers and their family, at times it made me feel that I was watching my own family drama, location is fantastic and almost feels so damn real that I just can’t explain that in words – you’ve got to see it to believe it. I am sure if not all – almost a majority of us would have lived in a house like that at some point or the other. It’s a must watch for all cinema lovers – may not do well from commercial aspect but will definitely be remembered for a long time and I am surely up for a couple of more viewings. I will give it a damn good 4/5 with two thumbs up recommendation for all.

No comments: