Friday, May 24, 2013

The Place Beyond The Pines (2013) - Crime Drama



After reading and hearing so much about this movie from some of my close friends – finally I got to see it today and I must say – what a roller coaster ride this one turns out to be. For the first 45 minutes it’s a totally breath taking movie – shocking with every scene so much so that I was making faces with turn of events, didn’t wanted the character to do what he was doing, as if it was in my hands, thrilling, sympathizing with him, feeling for him big time yet he remained a hero of sorts even after whatever bad he does, never predictable. Ryan Gosling as the biker stuntman struggling to make the ends meet is too good although I feel he is getting typecast playing same to same role (At least in his last 3 movies that I saw). How and what he does to support his girl friend and an infant son, is simply awesome. After “Silver Linings Playbook” I had great expectations from Bradley Cooper and he proves his worth yet again - superb job and a damn good role. Even Eva Mendes is apt in this movie and the character she plays suits her to the T. One bad turn of events changes their life for good and how it effects them in the longer run is the movie all about. There is no “Undo” in life. But the only problem I had with the movie is its length, it’s a little too long for the story / drama, they could have easily chopped out a good half hour out of it and it would have been a sleep affair nevertheless it works big time for me. As it keeps traveling from one character to another and after taking a jump of almost 15 years it engrossed me yet again and what a fundoo ending it has, totally rocking stuff. If you like thriller cum dramas – I will call it one of the best of 2013 so far, do not miss this at any cost, I will definitely rate it a good 3.5/5 with two thumbs up, a must watch for Ryan and Bradley fans.

No comments: