Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Makkhi (2012) - Action

I was so keen on checking this one out when it first came in Telugu that it was tough for me to skip it just because of unavailability of Subtitles at that time. A close telugu friend even offered me a copy but I just waited for the original DVD to get released in the hope of getting subtitles. Today I am way too glad that I did waited that long as it just released in Hindi but I am sad that they did not release it in 3D – rather only 2D. Still this was a damn good joy ride for us and even for the kids. Totally rocking movie and I would say it’s a must watch for all action / thriller / animation lovers, this is too good. Initially it takes its own sweet time to develop the story but once the hero of the movie “Makkhi” comes, there is no looking back. Almost everybody in the auditorium was in splits with super acting by “Sudeep” in a negative but dashing role that you actually love to hate him and the use of fantastic VFX in creating that “Makkhi” character. I was totally shocked with the quality and standard as they were way too high than my expectations. I am definitely looking forward to a Blue Ray version now as it was damn neat and never boring, not even for one dull moment. Even after it ended, people kept waiting expecting to see some more as the end credits rolled. Almost 130 minutes of sheer fun and action. Do not miss this at any cost.

Samantha Ruth Prabhu
The Movie: It’s a heart touching story of a guy next door Nani (Nani) falling in love with Bindu (Samantha) being killed by a shrewd business man Sudeep (Sudeep) as he too likes the girl. Nani takes rebirth as a housefly and takes his revenge with the help of his girl friend Bindu on Sudeep and finally kills him in the end. What pursues between them is a cat and mouse chase game with fantastic CGI and Action – never seen before stuff in any Indian movie, we were totally hooked to it big time. The action part is too good to be missed – it is funny as well as very passionately done too. We were amazed with the creativity and attention to detail thinking of the Director and his team, excellent job. The initial hour gives you a good idea of the life of the protagonist Nani who is madly in love with his next door cute girl Bindu, who also knows his love for herself but never acknowledges it. She works for an NGO and the tragedy strikes when she gets noticed by a big womanizer and dashing businessman Sudeep. This is one of the best works of him so far, I have seen him in a couple of south as well as Hindi movies but none comes closer to this one. Here, he is funny, serious, angry, and happy; almost end up playing all emotions and gets a great footage too. The only thing which I felt sorry for him was that he had to play a negative character in this one.

Sudeep the bad guy
The quality of CGI and VFS is simply outstanding and mind-blowing at least from the Indian standards – I must say. I haven’t seen a better movie than this one up till now coming from India when it comes to Action and Fiction. The way whole thing is shot, the birth scene to getting to know how to fly and facing the enemies – its too good, at par with lots of Hollywood animations we have seen so far. I was almost on the edge of my seat seeing that kind of camerawork especially when it comes to showing the housefly’s view and perception, too good. I had a very emotional connect with the movie, almost was in my tears when the fly comes out of that cocoon and fights for survival. How he takes on Sudeep is totally fabulous job. The preparation, planning and execution is mind blowing stuff. Not for one moment it looks out of place or goes overboard where you feel that it was a little too much, you actually get so much involved in the same that end up loving it totally. Bindu on the other hand works as a micro artiste out of her hobby and how that comes handy in preparing the housefly for a fight with a human is a damn good idea, the helmet, weapons, planning and final execution. It’s a fantastic time pass movie and definitely deserves a multiple viewing specially for its special effects – I so much regret not seeing its 3D version, I am sure in 3D it would have been way too good than it is in 2D. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice even though you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a bit bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

Anonymous said...


You need to be a part of a contest for one of the most useful blogs on the web. I will recommend this website!